I posted about this game previously, specifically about repairing it. Shortly after, I was proudly showing off my handiwork to my electrician and promptly broke it again the same way (lifting the same capacitor leg off the board).
Anyway, my Weller WES51 arrived yesterday, which gave me a great excuse to finally tidy up my workbench and get this game fixed up again.
Unfortunately, the solder I bought is in thick strands, so it was pretty difficult to work with. I did manage to delicately seat enough solder on the pads, and the game not only booted up with sound, but the RAM error it was demonstrating previously has cleared! I’ll have to keep an eye on that, because I didn’t do anything that would have fixed that..
So, this is now in the New Astro City. It’s not a great game, and being forced to play it as the second player in cocktail mode is irritating. It won’t stay long, but I am enjoying my time with it.